Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sloppy joes and squash!


Grace is hooked up and cooking up a storm! I have baked breads, muffins, pies; roasted veggies, turkey, lamb, prime rib and even a goose! Several casseroles and various other dishes later I am writing my first blog post. I am hoping to post more regularly here rather than on my Facebook page. (I am using the phone so for this post to try it out so hang with me while I figure it all out.)
So Tonight we took a frozen package of burger, some onion, peppers, celery and seasonings and within a half hour to 45 min we had  dinner.

Cooking in and on a wood stove has been quite the learning curve for me. I love to cook and this level of cooking and baking has been fun for me to say the least. The squash was roasted in the stove this fall and frozen for use later and tonight I am warming it up to serve with my sloppy joes. 


2 comments:

  1. Oooo, delicious-looking dish. I can practically taste it! You froze the squash I the rinds? That is a new technique to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I roasted them first and then froze them. They worked really great as the dish in this recipe. I would do it that way again.

    ReplyDelete